Turning Rock Partners is a principal investment firm focused on alternative investments. The firm specializes in value-oriented, opportunistic investments with a measure of downside protection. Underlying investments can include corporate debt, corporate equity and other special situations or privately negotiated financings or asset purchases involving cash flowing North American lower and mid-market companies.
Turning Rock is looking for an Investor Relations Associate to work with us in our New York City Office.
- Partner with senior business development professionals to organize an efficient and effective process on tracking client relationships
- Proactively respond to inbound inquiries, literature requests, and client service questions
- Maintain and manage the team’s pipeline of opportunities and provide general support from initial engagement to execution. General support includes scheduling appointments, managing follow-up interactions, and providing client service to investors.
- Deepen client relationships through telephone/virtual meetings and other correspondence, proactively highlighting TRP’s capabilities
- Proactively identify and engage prospective investors to Turning Rock’s platform
- Utilize CRM system to log and to track contacts
- Continually develop and improve knowledge of TRP’s investment strategies, financial markets, and alternative investment
- 2-3 years of investor relations, investment or corporate banking, wealth management, asset management, or consulting experience
- General understanding of financial markets and alternative investments
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong numerical literacy as it relates to private investment reporting and operating metrics
- High degree of organization and proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong proficiency in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and a focus on quality
- High EQ, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build rapport with and influence audiences
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Self-starter with significant intellectual curiosity and high professional integrity
- Experience with Salesforce, DealCloud, Diligend or similar CRM database is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
All employees of Turning Rock Partners are excellent collaborators, enjoy working in a high energy, fast-paced environment, and serve as an ambassador of the firm at all times. We ask that you conduct yourself in an ethical and appropriate manner on and off premises. Turning Rock Partners values its employee base and strives to pay competitive wages and benefits. Please reach out to your recruiter to learn more.