Turning Rock Partners is a principal investment firm focused on alternative investments. The firm specializes in value-oriented, opportunistic investments with a measure of downside protection. Underlying investments can include corporate debt, corporate equity and other special situations or privately negotiated financings or asset purchases involving cash flowing North American lower and mid-market companies.
Turning Rock is looking for a Senior Vice President, Investor Relations to work with us in our New York City Office.
- Work with a client service team to manage and review the complete client experience Client work consists of
- Preparing and processing client materials for onboarding
- Manage client deliverables
- Processing client transactions and recording client characteristics or relationships
- Organizing and cataloging client files
- Helping clients manage their online access and account preferences
- Handling client requests and coordinating deliverables of data output
- Reviewing data output for accuracy using knowledge of financial products
- Proactively manage client data by inputting information accurately and thoroughly, tracking all actions in CRM, and running reports for the team/firm.
- Manage the implementation and completion of client requests/transactions and consult with appropriate members of the team when appropriate to complete tasks.
- Display independence in the completion of client work and take initiative without prompting on basic tasks.
- Troubleshoot complex client service requests or issues with the custodian or other external vendors.
- Assist with internal client service projects such as managing data, improving processes, or adopting new technology.
- Interact with clients and build positive relationships through telephone, email, and at firm events. Attend client meetings for servicing items. Develop personal relationships with clients.
- Set and maintain high standards of quality, organization, and efficiency for team.
- Work with other service specialists to share knowledge and experiences to develop and improve office processes to best serve the team and clients.
- 8-10 years of experience in an Investor Relations or related role
- Experience working in financial services industry with private credit or equity strategies a plus.
- Familiarity with ILPA / Alternatives
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Factset, Leveraged Commentary Data, Preqin and other market-based intelligence tools
- Familiarity with Deal Cloud, Diligend and Cobalt is a plus
- Must be a collaborator and possess a client-first attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to discuss general information with teammates, clients, and business partners.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, efficiency, and timeliness.
- Exceptional confidentiality and professionalism.
- Willingness to learn and master firm technology and processes.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft programs and CRM experience.
- High EQ, strong intrapersonal skills, and the ability to build rapport with and influence audiences
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Self-starter with significant intellectual curiosity and high professional integrity
- Will need to work in New York office regularly with some light travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required
All employees of Turning Rock Partners are excellent collaborators, enjoy working in a high energy, fast-paced environment, and serve as an ambassador of the firm at all times. We ask that you conduct yourself in an ethical and appropriate manner on and off premises. Turning Rock Partners values its employee base and strives to pay competitive wages and benefits. If you are employed in New York City, the presently anticipated pay range for this position will be $150,000 – $250,000. Actual pay may vary based on various factors, including by not limited to location and experience. Please reach out to your recruiter to learn more. When applying, please submit your resume along with a redacted work sample.